Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Summer Vacation Part 2-Who knew bowling could be so dangerous?

It's a family tradition to go BYU bowling whenever the parents are in Utah and this year was no exception. Asher had bowled maybe 4 frames. We had a ramp and bumpers for them, but the adults still assisted in the process. It was Asher's turn. He picked up his ball and started walking it over to me by the ramp. He tripped, dropped the ball and landed with his chin against the ball. Lots of blood and 4 stitches later, he doesn't like bowling anymore. We'll give it a few months and take him again. Thank heavens for forgetting - especially about all the stuff that happens to you when you're 3.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I was there when it happened and it still makes me sad! I hope he'll still want to go bowling with us. It would be sad for that tradition to end because it freaks Asher out!

Victoria Gilbert said...

Hey, I was probably giving birth when you posted this...

Poor Asher! That must have hurt.
I love your michigan game picture!! We still haven't been to a game. Pretty pathetic, eh??

Tricia said...

I have a scar in that same spot. I think I fell off the couch. Hang in there, Asher (and Tracey)!

Kris said...

Hi Tracey,

Thinking of your family tonight -- I don't even know who ended up getting the tin man costume. Please post pics when you have time!

Hope you are well,

Kris